Last Call for applications
The Last Call of Unpack the Arts opened applications for professional cultural journalists wishing to attend a residency at one of these three festivals:
- CIRCa Festival, 24 > 27 October 2013 (Auch, France) - www.circa.auch.fr
- London International Mime Festival, 9 > 11 January 2014 (London, UK) - www.mimelondon.com [residency will start one day earlier or end one day later]
- Subcase, 12 > 15 February 2014 (Stockholm, Sweden) - www.subtopia.se/subcase
Important to submit an eligible application:
- Fill in the online application form
- Send your CV in English (preferably using the Europass Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 23 August 2013. Last Call is closed.
Who can apply?
>> Cultural journalists, including arts writers, critics and theorists, working for (online) magazines, newspapers, radio, television, new media platforms, or any other form of media. Working for = receiving an income out of it.
>> Media professionals focusing on the performing arts – no knowledge of contemporary circus is required
>> Cultural journalists who are still active in their field and have preferably 3 years experience or more
>> Journalists who have a good level of spoken and written English, and who live in one of the 35 countries participating in the Culture programme of the European Commission [check this list]
The partners will select 10 beneficiaries per residency, taking into account the geographical scope of the project and balancing genders, backgrounds and practices. Each candidate has to:
>> Match the criteria above
>> Be available on the dates proposed by the organisers
>> Be motivated to participate and happy to meet with European colleagues in an international festival
>> Fill in the online application form and submit it before 23 August 2013
>> All applicants will receive an answer on 6 September 2013 – all information sent will remain strictly confidential